New York News
Rapper 50 Cent hospitalized after LIE crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Curtis Jackson, better known as rapper 50 Cent, was hospitalized late Monday after his vehicle was rear ended by a truck on the Long Island Expressway in Queens.
According to 50 Cent's website, Thisis50.com, Jackson was put on a stretcher and taken to the hospital after the Mack truck struck his bullet-proof SUV at 11:18 p.m., causing the vehicle to nearly flip.
The crash happened in the eastbound lanes near the Van Wyck Expressway exit.
The story and pictures were posted on the site at 3 a.m.
A representative confirmed the crash to TMZ and said that 50 Cent "was taken to New York Hospital Queens, where he was treated for minor neck and back injuries. He was released (Tuesday) morning and is doing fine."
Jackson's driver was also treated at the hospital.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, long island expressway, accident, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 39 min ago
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 49 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl 37 min ago
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized 20 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos