New York News
Rapper 50 Cent hospitalized after LIE crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Curtis Jackson, better known as rapper 50 Cent, was hospitalized late Monday after his vehicle was rear ended by a truck on the Long Island Expressway in Queens.
According to 50 Cent's website, Thisis50.com, Jackson was put on a stretcher and taken to the hospital after the Mack truck struck his bullet-proof SUV at 11:18 p.m., causing the vehicle to nearly flip.
The crash happened in the eastbound lanes near the Van Wyck Expressway exit.
The story and pictures were posted on the site at 3 a.m.
A representative confirmed the crash to TMZ and said that 50 Cent "was taken to New York Hospital Queens, where he was treated for minor neck and back injuries. He was released (Tuesday) morning and is doing fine."
Jackson's driver was also treated at the hospital.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, long island expressway, accident, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 5 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 4 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014