New York News
Baby saved from subway tracks in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A Good Samaritan jumped onto the subway tracks in Brooklyn to save a baby whose stroller rolled off the platform.
Officials say a sudden strong gust of wind apparently blew the stroller off the J subway platform at the Van Siclen Avenue station.
The stroller, with a baby inside, toppled onto the tracks.
A Good Samaritan jumped onto the tracks and pulled the baby to safety before the next train arrived at the station.
The infant was taken to Brookdale Hospital with unknown injuries.
Subway service was not affected by the incident.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, subway, rescue, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 50 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 47 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 44 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
26 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos