New York News
Sinkhole opens up sidewalk in Bay Ridge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A large sinkhole swallowed up part of a sidewalk in Brooklyn and prompted an evacuation Thursday.
The sinkhole opened up in a landscaped area of a sidewalk in the 200 block of 92nd street in Bay Ridge.
That part of the street remains closed.
A four-story apartment building in front of the hole was evacuated as a precaution.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bay ridge, brooklyn, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey