New York News
Police shoot carjacking suspect during Brooklyn foot chase
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An armed carjacking suspect was shot by police during a foot chase through the Bushwick section of Brooklyn Friday morning.
Police say the man was shot after he pointed at gun at officers while on Wierfield Street just before 11 a.m.
He was rushed to Kings County Hospital in critical condition.
The man was suspected of carjacking a vehicle to flee a dispute. Officers responding to the carjacking spotted and pulled the man over.
He then fled officers on foot, with police chasing after him.
Police say the man turned around and pointed a silver revolver at the officers. That's when they opened fire.
None of the officers were injured.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, police shooting, new york news
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 23 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 45 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 1 min ago
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos