New York News
Police shoot carjacking suspect during Brooklyn foot chase
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An armed carjacking suspect was shot by police during a foot chase through the Bushwick section of Brooklyn Friday morning.
Police say the man was shot after he pointed at gun at officers while on Wierfield Street just before 11 a.m.
He was rushed to Kings County Hospital in critical condition.
The man was suspected of carjacking a vehicle to flee a dispute. Officers responding to the carjacking spotted and pulled the man over.
He then fled officers on foot, with police chasing after him.
Police say the man turned around and pointed a silver revolver at the officers. That's when they opened fire.
None of the officers were injured.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, police shooting, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 45 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos