New York News
Police shoot carjacking suspect during Brooklyn foot chase
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An armed carjacking suspect was shot by police during a foot chase through the Bushwick section of Brooklyn Friday morning.
Police say the man was shot after he pointed at gun at officers while on Wierfield Street just before 11 a.m.
He was rushed to Kings County Hospital in critical condition.
The man was suspected of carjacking a vehicle to flee a dispute. Officers responding to the carjacking spotted and pulled the man over.
He then fled officers on foot, with police chasing after him.
Police say the man turned around and pointed a silver revolver at the officers. That's when they opened fire.
None of the officers were injured.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, police shooting, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card 4 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Man says he was unjustly pepper sprayed by police
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos