New York News
Police shoot carjacking suspect during Brooklyn foot chase
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An armed carjacking suspect was shot by police during a foot chase through the Bushwick section of Brooklyn Friday morning.
Police say the man was shot after he pointed at gun at officers while on Wierfield Street just before 11 a.m.
He was rushed to Kings County Hospital in critical condition.
The man was suspected of carjacking a vehicle to flee a dispute. Officers responding to the carjacking spotted and pulled the man over.
He then fled officers on foot, with police chasing after him.
Police say the man turned around and pointed a silver revolver at the officers. That's when they opened fire.
None of the officers were injured.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bushwick, brooklyn, police shooting, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village 57 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed 41 min ago
- Body found in woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley 35 min ago
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery 42 min ago
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony 11 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery
42 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos