New York News
Stolen Dali painting found, mailed back to JFK
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The stolen Dali painting from the Venus Over Manhattan Art Gallery has been found.
The gallery received an email saying the painting was being mailed back to them. The email included an Express Mail tracking number, which showed a package being shipped from Greece.
The NYPD contacted the Postal Inspection Service. They located the package at Kennedy Airport yesterday in Customs, and pulled it before it could be sorted and delivered.
It was returned to the gallery on Friday.
It's believed that whoever stole the painting couldn't sell it, so it was returned.
No arrests have been made.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto 10 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos