New York News
1 killed in van, bus accident
WOODSIDE (WABC) -- One person died in an overnight crash between a bus and a van in the Woodside section of Queens.
The accident happened at 12:30 Saturday morning on 39th Avenue and 64th Street.
According to police, a Q53 bus was travelling westbound when it hit an eastbound van.
The driver of the van, a 47-year-old man, was killed. His name was not immediately released.
The 46-year-old bus driver was taken to Elmhurst Hospital in stable condition.
Three people on the bus declined medical treatment, police said.
Investigators said no criminality was suspected, but the investigation is continues.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, woodside, queens, accident, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos