New York News
Search for second suspect in Queens sexual assaults
CORONA (WABC) -- From May through June, from Forest Hills to Corona, police believe there is a serial rapist on the loose. Worse yet, it appears he has found a brutal partner to join him.
New mother Vanessa Colwell has seen the fliers and has even taken pictures of the wanted men to send to her friends so they can be aware and vigilant.
According to police, the most recent attack happened in Corona on June 22. A 20-year-old woman was walking along Lefrak City when she was sexually assaulted.
She says she first fought off this man, only to have a second man throw her to the ground and attempt to rape her. She was able to escape with only cuts and bruises.
The suspect is new to police, but not to 20-year-old Ibrahina Ragis. Detectives believe he is responsible for three other sex assaults in Forest Hills recently.
In those attacks, authorities say he used a knife and jumped his victims just as they were about to enter their homes. The suspect would rape, or try to rape then rob the women. In the most recent attack in Corona it appears he is now armed with a partner.
All of the assaults happened during the early morning hours. Many residents in the neighborhood fear violent crime is on the rise, and they want more surveillance cameras.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, corona, forest hills, sexual assault, new york news, lucy yang
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare