New York News
Search for second suspect in Queens sexual assaults
CORONA (WABC) -- From May through June, from Forest Hills to Corona, police believe there is a serial rapist on the loose. Worse yet, it appears he has found a brutal partner to join him.
New mother Vanessa Colwell has seen the fliers and has even taken pictures of the wanted men to send to her friends so they can be aware and vigilant.
According to police, the most recent attack happened in Corona on June 22. A 20-year-old woman was walking along Lefrak City when she was sexually assaulted.
She says she first fought off this man, only to have a second man throw her to the ground and attempt to rape her. She was able to escape with only cuts and bruises.
The suspect is new to police, but not to 20-year-old Ibrahina Ragis. Detectives believe he is responsible for three other sex assaults in Forest Hills recently.
In those attacks, authorities say he used a knife and jumped his victims just as they were about to enter their homes. The suspect would rape, or try to rape then rob the women. In the most recent attack in Corona it appears he is now armed with a partner.
All of the assaults happened during the early morning hours. Many residents in the neighborhood fear violent crime is on the rise, and they want more surveillance cameras.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, corona, forest hills, sexual assault, new york news, lucy yang
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 40 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 48 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
9 min ago