New York News
Bystander wounded in East New York shooting
EAST NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a shooting that wounded a bystander in East New York section of Brooklyn.
The shooting happened after 4 p.m. at the Cypress Hills Houses in the 12-hundred block of Sutter Avenue.
Officials said a 26-year-old woman, who was not the target of the gunfire, suffered a bullet wound to her leg.
A man was also injured, but not shot. Police said it was unclear if he was the target of the shooting.
Both were taken to Brookdale Hospital. Their conditions did not appear to be life-threatening, officials said.
The investigation was continuing.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, shooting, crime, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash