New York News
Bystander wounded in East New York shooting
EAST NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a shooting that wounded a bystander in East New York section of Brooklyn.
The shooting happened after 4 p.m. at the Cypress Hills Houses in the 12-hundred block of Sutter Avenue.
Officials said a 26-year-old woman, who was not the target of the gunfire, suffered a bullet wound to her leg.
A man was also injured, but not shot. Police said it was unclear if he was the target of the shooting.
Both were taken to Brookdale Hospital. Their conditions did not appear to be life-threatening, officials said.
The investigation was continuing.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, shooting, crime, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen