New York News
Bystander wounded in East New York shooting
EAST NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a shooting that wounded a bystander in East New York section of Brooklyn.
The shooting happened after 4 p.m. at the Cypress Hills Houses in the 12-hundred block of Sutter Avenue.
Officials said a 26-year-old woman, who was not the target of the gunfire, suffered a bullet wound to her leg.
A man was also injured, but not shot. Police said it was unclear if he was the target of the shooting.
Both were taken to Brookdale Hospital. Their conditions did not appear to be life-threatening, officials said.
The investigation was continuing.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, shooting, crime, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen