New York News
Motorcyclist killed in crash with fire truck
BED-STUY (WABC) -- A man on a motorcycle lost his life when he crashed into a fire truck in Bedford-Stuyvesant on Monday.
The fire department says that Ladder 111 was responding, with lights and sirens on, to a fire at Nostrand Avenue and Quincy Street when the accident happened around 4:10 p.m.
The truck went through the intersection at Monroe Street and Marcy Avenue and collided with the motorcyclist, who was thrown into the side of a nearby building.
Reginald Brown, 46, of Brooklyn was taken to Woodhull Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Brown was a graduate of The Doe Fund's Ready, Willing and Able program. He ended up working for the organization, which helps homeless people in New York City, for the last 10 years.
Meanwhile, police have arrested 17-year-old Kevin Saunders for allegedly starting the fire on Nostrand Avenue. Authorities say Saunders was playing with fireworks, and one of them sparked a fire in rubbish near the building.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, bedford-stuyvesant, accident, new york news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom 13 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college 13 min ago
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
39 min ago