New York News
Child among dead in suspected Brooklyn murder suicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three bodies of three people, all apparently fatally shot in the head, were found inside a second-floor apartment in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn early Tuesday.
The victims, 44-year-old David Sherrod, 51-year-old Alma Cox-Sherrod and 7-year-old Jaquan Cox, were found inside the Lafayette Avenue apartment around 3:30 a.m. All three were pronounced dead at the scene.
The child is believed to be the dead couple's grandson.
Neighbors complained about the smell coming from the second-floor apartment. They say the family recently moved into the building and may have worked for the management company, collecting rent or possibly working as a porter.
Police believed the deaths to be the result of a double murder suicide, and the bodies may have been in the apartment since the weekend.
No arrests were immediately made.
Authorities said David Sherrod had a criminal record and served time in prison from 1998 to 2008.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, murder, bedford-stuyvesant, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 4 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
17 min ago