New York News
Child among dead in suspected Brooklyn murder suicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three bodies of three people, all apparently fatally shot in the head, were found inside a second-floor apartment in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn early Tuesday.
The victims, 44-year-old David Sherrod, 51-year-old Alma Cox-Sherrod and 7-year-old Jaquan Cox, were found inside the Lafayette Avenue apartment around 3:30 a.m. All three were pronounced dead at the scene.
The child is believed to be the dead couple's grandson.
Neighbors complained about the smell coming from the second-floor apartment. They say the family recently moved into the building and may have worked for the management company, collecting rent or possibly working as a porter.
Police believed the deaths to be the result of a double murder suicide, and the bodies may have been in the apartment since the weekend.
No arrests were immediately made.
Authorities said David Sherrod had a criminal record and served time in prison from 1998 to 2008.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, murder, bedford-stuyvesant, new york news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers