New York News
Child among dead in suspected Brooklyn murder suicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three bodies of three people, all apparently fatally shot in the head, were found inside a second-floor apartment in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn early Tuesday.
The victims, 44-year-old David Sherrod, 51-year-old Alma Cox-Sherrod and 7-year-old Jaquan Cox, were found inside the Lafayette Avenue apartment around 3:30 a.m. All three were pronounced dead at the scene.
The child is believed to be the dead couple's grandson.
Neighbors complained about the smell coming from the second-floor apartment. They say the family recently moved into the building and may have worked for the management company, collecting rent or possibly working as a porter.
Police believed the deaths to be the result of a double murder suicide, and the bodies may have been in the apartment since the weekend.
No arrests were immediately made.
Authorities said David Sherrod had a criminal record and served time in prison from 1998 to 2008.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, murder, bedford-stuyvesant, new york news
- LIRR restored with delays after person struck 13 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash 25 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 44 min ago
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody 7 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat 28 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures