New York News
Child among dead in suspected Brooklyn murder suicide
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three bodies of three people, all apparently fatally shot in the head, were found inside a second-floor apartment in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn early Tuesday.
The victims, 44-year-old David Sherrod, 51-year-old Alma Cox-Sherrod and 7-year-old Jaquan Cox, were found inside the Lafayette Avenue apartment around 3:30 a.m. All three were pronounced dead at the scene.
The child is believed to be the dead couple's grandson.
Neighbors complained about the smell coming from the second-floor apartment. They say the family recently moved into the building and may have worked for the management company, collecting rent or possibly working as a porter.
Police believed the deaths to be the result of a double murder suicide, and the bodies may have been in the apartment since the weekend.
No arrests were immediately made.
Authorities said David Sherrod had a criminal record and served time in prison from 1998 to 2008.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, murder, bedford-stuyvesant, new york news
- FDNY rescues worker trapped in Queens trench 2 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms 56 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- Body found in lake where Conn. photographer went missing
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
56 min ago