New York News
3 hurt when deck collapses during Queens barbecue
HILLCREST (WABC) -- Three people were hurt when a backyard deck collapsed behind a house in the Hillcrest section of Queens late Tuesday.
The victims were having a barbecue when the wooden deck gave way just before 11 p.m.
They tumbled off the deck, which was about a half story off the ground, and onto the grass below.
All three, including an older woman, were treated at Queens Hospital Center for minor injuries.
The residents were celebrating a woman's birthday on the eve of July 4th.
The Buildings Department will investigate the cause of the collapse.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, collapse, new york news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot 42 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos