New York News
Man dies at hospital after Bronx beach rescue
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was rushed to the hospital after he was pulled from the waters off Orchard Beach in the Bronx Wednesday afternoon.
Lifeguards had to rescue the 46-year-old man, who was in cardiac arrest when he was pulled out of the water just before 2 p.m. Paramedics were seen performing CPR and using a defibrillator on the beach.
He was taken to Jacobi Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The victim's identity is unknown, and there is no medical determination on cause of death at this time.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, rescue, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 14 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 25 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos