New York News
Man dies at hospital after Bronx beach rescue
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was rushed to the hospital after he was pulled from the waters off Orchard Beach in the Bronx Wednesday afternoon.
Lifeguards had to rescue the 46-year-old man, who was in cardiac arrest when he was pulled out of the water just before 2 p.m. Paramedics were seen performing CPR and using a defibrillator on the beach.
He was taken to Jacobi Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The victim's identity is unknown, and there is no medical determination on cause of death at this time.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, rescue, new york news
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA men's basketball tournament 46 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown 57 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos