New York News
Man dies at hospital after Bronx beach rescue
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man was rushed to the hospital after he was pulled from the waters off Orchard Beach in the Bronx Wednesday afternoon.
Lifeguards had to rescue the 46-year-old man, who was in cardiac arrest when he was pulled out of the water just before 2 p.m. Paramedics were seen performing CPR and using a defibrillator on the beach.
He was taken to Jacobi Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The victim's identity is unknown, and there is no medical determination on cause of death at this time.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, rescue, new york news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos