New York News
4-year-old dead after pulled from Queens pool
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 4-year-old boy is dead after being pulled from a backyard pool in Douglaston, Queens, Wednesday evening.
Police say the boy was found face down in the pool just before 6 p.m.. He was at a family's house for a Fourth of July party.
"It was a Fourth of July celebration, and it just happened in a matter of seconds," neighborhood security guard Raymond Rivera said. "Things like this happen. That's why you have to stay on top of your kids."
Investigators went door to door gathering evidence after the child was rushed to North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, where he was pronounced dead.
Police are investigating.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, drowning, new york news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 27 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Investigation after police shoot suspect in Conn.
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris 38 min ago
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile