New York News
1 dead, 11 hurt in string of holiday shootings
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 33-year-old man was fatally shot in his Flatlands, Brooklyn, apartment in one of several shootings across New York City on Independence Day.
That man was shot in the head inside his home on East 48th Street. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Four people, two men and two women, were injured in a shooting late Wednesday night in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Two men were also shot in separate incidents in the Bronx around 11:30 p.m., and a 24-year-old man was hit in the leg in East Harlem just before midnight.
Police say a total of 12 people were wounded by gunfire between 5 p.m. and midnight.
Besides the one fatality, all the other injuries were not life threatening.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, brooklyn, shooting, new york news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 41 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 2 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed 35 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 36 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
26 min ago