New York News
1 dead, 11 hurt in string of holiday shootings
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 33-year-old man was fatally shot in his Flatlands, Brooklyn, apartment in one of several shootings across New York City on Independence Day.
That man was shot in the head inside his home on East 48th Street. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Four people, two men and two women, were injured in a shooting late Wednesday night in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Two men were also shot in separate incidents in the Bronx around 11:30 p.m., and a 24-year-old man was hit in the leg in East Harlem just before midnight.
Police say a total of 12 people were wounded by gunfire between 5 p.m. and midnight.
Besides the one fatality, all the other injuries were not life threatening.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, brooklyn, shooting, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 30 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 20 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- Brooklyn family desperately searching for...
29 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
13 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage...
24 min ago