New York News
Teacher found stabbed to death in Staten Island home
NEW SPRINGVILLE (WABC) -- A New York City school teacher was found stabbed to death in her Staten Island home Thursday.
Investigators believe the 29-year-old was the victim of a violent home invasion robbery, but they are looking at all possible leads.
"The husband came out screaming 'my wife was murdered. My wife is dead,'" neighbor Rachel Havia said.
Sources say Simeonette Mapes-Crupi's husband, Jonathan, found her face down on the floor of their duplex condo in the quiet New Springville section of Staten Island.
Crupi found her in the entryway of the apartment on Forest Hill Road around 1:45 Thursday afternoon.
She had been stabbed in the back multiple times.
Simeonette Mapes-Crupi worked as a social studies teacher at an East New York High School, where her husband taught English.
Police shielded the victim's family after they got this devastating news at the crime scene.
"The entire family was here," Havia said. "People were passing out. They were crying, screaming."
Eerily just last week, the victim posted on her Facebook page that she and her husband "survived a shootout."
Responding to worried friends about the gunfire at the Cypress Hills houses, she wrote, "It's just a hazard of working in East New York, Brooklyn. Things like this makes you appreciate all the blessings you have."
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, murder, new york news, carolina leid
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 27 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
27 min ago