New York News
Teacher found stabbed to death in Staten Island home
NEW SPRINGVILLE (WABC) -- A New York City school teacher was found stabbed to death in her Staten Island home Thursday.
Investigators believe the 29-year-old was the victim of a violent home invasion robbery, but they are looking at all possible leads.
"The husband came out screaming 'my wife was murdered. My wife is dead,'" neighbor Rachel Havia said.
Sources say Simeonette Mapes-Crupi's husband, Jonathan, found her face down on the floor of their duplex condo in the quiet New Springville section of Staten Island.
Crupi found her in the entryway of the apartment on Forest Hill Road around 1:45 Thursday afternoon.
She had been stabbed in the back multiple times.
Simeonette Mapes-Crupi worked as a social studies teacher at an East New York High School, where her husband taught English.
Police shielded the victim's family after they got this devastating news at the crime scene.
"The entire family was here," Havia said. "People were passing out. They were crying, screaming."
Eerily just last week, the victim posted on her Facebook page that she and her husband "survived a shootout."
Responding to worried friends about the gunfire at the Cypress Hills houses, she wrote, "It's just a hazard of working in East New York, Brooklyn. Things like this makes you appreciate all the blessings you have."
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, murder, new york news, carolina leid
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
36 min ago