New York News
Pop-up pool opens at Brooklyn Bridge Park waterfront
NEW YORK (WABC) -- People in Brooklyn Heights now have a new place to cool off this summer.
The city is opening a pop-up pool at the waterfront of Brooklyn Bridge Park Friday.
The temporary 30-by-50-foot pool, which offers a stunning view of the lower Manhattan skyline, will be open every day through Labor Day.
A maximum of 60 people can fit inside at a time, but there will be four swimming sessions per day to allow everyone to get a turn.
The $700,000 pool, which is purposely shallow at 3.5 feet to accommodate families with children, is located at Pier 2.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brooklyn heights, brooklyn bridge park, new york news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green