New York News
Pop-up pool opens at Brooklyn Bridge Park waterfront
NEW YORK (WABC) -- People in Brooklyn Heights now have a new place to cool off this summer.
The city is opening a pop-up pool at the waterfront of Brooklyn Bridge Park Friday.
The temporary 30-by-50-foot pool, which offers a stunning view of the lower Manhattan skyline, will be open every day through Labor Day.
A maximum of 60 people can fit inside at a time, but there will be four swimming sessions per day to allow everyone to get a turn.
The $700,000 pool, which is purposely shallow at 3.5 feet to accommodate families with children, is located at Pier 2.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brooklyn heights, brooklyn bridge park, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos