New York News
Pop-up pool opens at Brooklyn Bridge Park waterfront
NEW YORK (WABC) -- People in Brooklyn Heights now have a new place to cool off this summer.
The city is opening a pop-up pool at the waterfront of Brooklyn Bridge Park Friday.
The temporary 30-by-50-foot pool, which offers a stunning view of the lower Manhattan skyline, will be open every day through Labor Day.
A maximum of 60 people can fit inside at a time, but there will be four swimming sessions per day to allow everyone to get a turn.
The $700,000 pool, which is purposely shallow at 3.5 feet to accommodate families with children, is located at Pier 2.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brooklyn heights, brooklyn bridge park, new york news
- Jersey City water main break repaired 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 9 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 11 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos