New York News
1 slashed, 1 bitten at Webster Hall
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City music venue Webster Hall shut its doors early on Friday night after two people were injured in what authorities say was a biting and slashing attack.
Police say one person was slashed and one was bitten at the club Friday evening at 9:00 p.m. during a music festival. Another person is under arrest with charges pending.
Both victims were expected to survive.
Sources say that the two injured men were members ofa band that was performing on Friday night.
Bands including Lido Beach, Diagnostics, Minshara and The Astronaut were on the roster at the CBGB Festival. A late-night nightclub event was postponed.
The festival released a statement saying the disturbance shouldn't overshadow the events, which included free concerts in Times Square and Central Park.
The full statement is below:
"We are saddened to learn about the events that occurred last night at Webster Hall. Our primary concern is always the safety and experience of New Yorkers, music fans and the general public. Naturally we will fully cooperate with law enforcement while hoping for the speedy recovery of those injured.
"Live music can be incredibly uplifting, empowering and positive. We don't feel the actions of one person should overshadow four amazing days and nights of events that include today's historic and unprecedented free concerts in Times Square and Central Park."
-The CBGB Festival
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, stabbing, new york news
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes 49 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 51 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos