New York News
Colorado man, Connecticut woman win NYC triathlon
NEW YORK -- A Colorado man and a Connecticut woman have run, swam and bicycled their way to victory in the annual triathlon that uses streets and waterways around Manhattan as a race course.
Jordan Jones of Golden, Colo., won the men's competition in the Aquaphor New York City Triathlon, swimming about a mile, biking almost 25 miles and running 6 miles in one hour, 45 minutes and four seconds.
Amy Bevilacqua of Wilton, Conn., won the women's competition with a time of two hours and four seconds.
The event includes a swim in the Hudson River, a run through Central Park and a bike ride on the West Side Highway.
There were two deaths of participants connected to the event last year. A spokeswoman said there were no health issues this year.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot 1 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos