New York News
Highway worker killed on Grand Central Parkway
QUEENS (WABC) -- Police in Queens are investigating an accident that left a highway worker dead on the Grand Central Parkway.
The man was struck on the westbound Parkway at Jewel Avenue just after 11:15 a.m.
The 63-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say he was a private contractor doing electrical work for Welsbach Electric Company in the left lane of the roadway when an Audi hit him.
The driver, a 26 year old man from Queens, remained at the scene, but he was taken into police custoy on suspicion of drunk driving.
Charges were pending, officials said.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, grand central parkway, accident, new york news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 2 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos