New York News
NYPD hunts for man to tried to rob Bronx bank
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in the Bronx are looking for a man who tried to rob a bank on June 28.
Authorities say the man walked into a Chase Bank on Jerome Avenue around 10:30 a.m. and handed a note to the teller demanding cash.
He left without any money.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 50s, approximately 5-foot-6 and weighing 150 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black waist-length windbreaker jacket and white sneakers, with a navy blue Yankee baseball cap.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, bank robbery, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos