New York News
Queens missing woman found alive in Texas
HOLLIS (WABC) -- Police and family members say a woman who has been missing from Queens since Sunday, has been found in Texas.
Sources tell Eyewitness News Rajwinder Kaur took a bus from Syracuse to Texas because she did not want to be in an arrainged marriage.
Kaur, 26, had not been seen or heard from since leaving her home on 198 Street Sunday night.
"She always comes home. She always lets us know where she is," her sister Gurpreet Kaur said.
She left their Hollis, Queens, home on her way to volunteer at a Brooklyn homeless shelter, but less than two hours later, Gurpreet says she received a cryptic message that sent chills up her spine.
"I received a text message from her basically saying that the girl with this phone is dead, was smiling," Gurpreet said. "I thought it was weird. My sister would never send something like that."
Gurpreet frantically sent texts of her own, saying "Call me now!" "Who are you?" and "Please call!"
There was no response. The family called in police.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jamaica, hollis, queens, missing person, new york news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 8 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 53 min ago
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later 39 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
38 min ago