New York News
Deadly hit and run accident in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- One person is dead and another critically injured after a hit and run accident in the Bronx.
The accident happened just after midnight in the vicinity of East 170th and Grand Concourse.
Police officers found two men, aged 42 and 34, on the ground with severe injuries.
The 42-year-old man was pronounced dead at Bronx Lebanon Hospital. The 34-year-old man was taken to Lincoln Hospital in critical condition.
Police determined that the two men were crossing the Grand Concourse from East to West when they were struck by a 2011 Honda CRV traveling northbound on the Grand Concourse.
After the accident, the 37-year-old driver continued traveling northbound on the Grand Concourse making a right turn onto Mount Eden Avenue, striking a EMS vehicle responding to the scene of the initial accident.
Police arrived on that scene and arrested the driver.
No names have been released.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, accident, hit and run accident, new york news
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'