New York News
10-year old drowns after falling into Harlem River
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 10-year old boy drowned in the Bronx Saturday evening, after falling into the Harlem River.
It happened at 30 Richman Plaza in the Morris Heights section of the Bronx.
Witnesses said the River Park Tenants Association was holding an event for local families, when Ebrima Wally climbed over a guard rail along the water line.
Emergency responders arrived and pulled the boy from the river.
They say by then he was unconscious and unresponsive, after having been underwater for about 30 minutes.
The boy was taken to Bronx Lebanon Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, morris heights, drowning, new york news
- Jersey City water main break repaired 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 23 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 18 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos