New York News
10-year old drowns after falling into Harlem River
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 10-year old boy drowned in the Bronx Saturday evening, after falling into the Harlem River.
It happened at 30 Richman Plaza in the Morris Heights section of the Bronx.
Witnesses said the River Park Tenants Association was holding an event for local families, when Ebrima Wally climbed over a guard rail along the water line.
Emergency responders arrived and pulled the boy from the river.
They say by then he was unconscious and unresponsive, after having been underwater for about 30 minutes.
The boy was taken to Bronx Lebanon Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, morris heights, drowning, new york news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos