New York News
10-year old drowns after falling into Harlem River
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 10-year old boy drowned in the Bronx Saturday evening, after falling into the Harlem River.
It happened at 30 Richman Plaza in the Morris Heights section of the Bronx.
Witnesses said the River Park Tenants Association was holding an event for local families, when Ebrima Wally climbed over a guard rail along the water line.
Emergency responders arrived and pulled the boy from the river.
They say by then he was unconscious and unresponsive, after having been underwater for about 30 minutes.
The boy was taken to Bronx Lebanon Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, morris heights, drowning, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos