New York News
10-year old drowns after falling into Harlem River
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 10-year old boy drowned in the Bronx Saturday evening, after falling into the Harlem River.
It happened at 30 Richman Plaza in the Morris Heights section of the Bronx.
Witnesses said the River Park Tenants Association was holding an event for local families, when Ebrima Wally climbed over a guard rail along the water line.
Emergency responders arrived and pulled the boy from the river.
They say by then he was unconscious and unresponsive, after having been underwater for about 30 minutes.
The boy was taken to Bronx Lebanon Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, morris heights, drowning, new york news
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 31 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos