New York News
Manhole fires force evacuation in Jackson Heights
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Multiple manholes caught on fire near 95th Street and Roosevelt Avenue in Jackson Heights on Monday afternoon.
The fires started at 4:30 p.m.
Several stores and buildings in the area were evacuated as a precaution. According to Con Ed, there were only a few people who ended up losing power.
According to FDNY Battalion Chief Robert McBride, Carbon Monoxide levels got to triple digits.
No injuries were reported.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jackson heights, queens, fire, new york news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather 27 min ago
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death 25 min ago
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates 30 min ago
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport