New York News
Manhole fires force evacuation in Jackson Heights
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Multiple manholes caught on fire near 95th Street and Roosevelt Avenue in Jackson Heights on Monday afternoon.
The fires started at 4:30 p.m.
Several stores and buildings in the area were evacuated as a precaution. According to Con Ed, there were only a few people who ended up losing power.
According to FDNY Battalion Chief Robert McBride, Carbon Monoxide levels got to triple digits.
No injuries were reported.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jackson heights, queens, fire, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos