New York News
Manhole fires force evacuation in Jackson Heights
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Multiple manholes caught on fire near 95th Street and Roosevelt Avenue in Jackson Heights on Monday afternoon.
The fires started at 4:30 p.m.
Several stores and buildings in the area were evacuated as a precaution. According to Con Ed, there were only a few people who ended up losing power.
According to FDNY Battalion Chief Robert McBride, Carbon Monoxide levels got to triple digits.
No injuries were reported.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jackson heights, queens, fire, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up 27 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash 44 min ago
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime 6 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes 23 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at...
54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
27 min ago
- NTSB probes cause of Metro North crash
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos