New York News
NYPD releases video of serial subway mugger
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD has released surveillance video of the man they say is responsible for at least five armed robberies of straphangers on New York City subways.
The man reportedly took cash and cell phones from his victims between late May and early July.
The incidents have taken place on the No. 3 and C trains, as well as in the in station at 145th Street and Lenox Avenue.
Police say the suspect worked with another man, identified as 23-year-old Bruce Williams, who has already been arrested.
The outstanding suspect is described as a black male in his early 20s, approximately 6-feet tall with a slender build and brown eyes. The suspect was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweater, blue jeans and a Yankee baseball hat.
Anyone with information in regards is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, subway crime, mugging, robbery, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 4 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos