New York News
New York City delays bike rental program
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City is delaying the start of the bike rental program sponsored by Citigroup.
The city had wanted the bike share, called Citi Bike, to start in two weeks.
Now, the Department of Transportation won't say when it will begin.
Once in place, people will be able to rent bikes at docking stations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
City officials are hoping to get the program started in August.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, brooklyn, new york news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera 46 min ago
- Disturbing details emerge about suspected Etan Patz killer 32 min ago
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013