New York News
Manhole fire knocks out power in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A manhole fire knocked out power in Midtown overnight, while a separate outage left a section of Queens in the dark.
The manhole fire closed West 55th Street between 8th and 9th avenues just after 11 p.m. Tuesday.
The fire damaged one vehicle and caused localized outages.
At one point, about 500 customers were without power in Manhattan, but they were all restored.
A separate outage in Queens Village left 825 customers without power.
Service was also restored in the overnight hours.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, queens, fire, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 37 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 31 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos