New York News
Manhole fire knocks out power in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A manhole fire knocked out power in Midtown overnight, while a separate outage left a section of Queens in the dark.
The manhole fire closed West 55th Street between 8th and 9th avenues just after 11 p.m. Tuesday.
The fire damaged one vehicle and caused localized outages.
At one point, about 500 customers were without power in Manhattan, but they were all restored.
A separate outage in Queens Village left 825 customers without power.
Service was also restored in the overnight hours.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, queens, fire, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos