New York News
Convicted sex offender arrested for 169th time
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A New York City man who is a convicted sex offender has been arrested for the 169th time.
Police say 61-year-old Gian Verdelli, of Brooklyn, groped two women on the PATH train earlier this month.
An undercover sting operation was put together after the two women reported being harassed.
Verdelli's arrest record dates all the way back to 1970.
Police identified him by using a cell phone photo one of the victims, 28, took of her alleged attacker after a July 3 incident. She said the same man had also groped her on June 30.
Verdelli is charged with two counts of criminal sexual misconduct and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Verdelli was being held without bail, and it's not known if he has retained an attorney.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, path train, sexual assault, new york news
- Missing plane may have turned back 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
40 min ago