New York News
NYPD hunts for robbers posing as police officers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for two men who posed as police officers during two attempted robberies.
Investigators say the two men flashed shields and said they were officers during two incidents in Manhattan last December.
One incident happened on the Lower East Side, while the other occurred in Washington Heights.
Both suspects are described as Hispanic or black males, 25 to 35 years old. No property was removed in either incident.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, police impersonation, robbery, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 18 hurt in East Harlem explosion 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 23 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase