New York News
NYPD hunts for robbers posing as police officers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for two men who posed as police officers during two attempted robberies.
Investigators say the two men flashed shields and said they were officers during two incidents in Manhattan last December.
One incident happened on the Lower East Side, while the other occurred in Washington Heights.
Both suspects are described as Hispanic or black males, 25 to 35 years old. No property was removed in either incident.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, police impersonation, robbery, new york news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 39 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane 41 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
39 min ago