New York News
Livery cab driver robbed at gunpoint in Brooklyn
BORO PARK (WABC) -- NYPD is looking for a robber who held up a livery cab driver at gunpoint in Boro Park, Brooklyn.
The robbery happened shortly after 1:30 on Tuesday afternoon.
Investigators said the suspect hailed a livery cab at 366 41st Street in Brooklyn and asked to be taken to 54th Street between 9th Avenue and Fort Hamilton Parkway.
Once the vehicle arrived on that location, the suspect pulled out a gun and demanded the victim's money and cell phone.
After getting what he wanted, the suspect fled on foot.
The robbery was captured on a car surveillance camera.
The suspect is described as 18-23, approx. 5'10" in height, 180lbs., wearing red shorts, a white t-shirt, and black baseball cap with the logo Brooklyn on it.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, boro park, crime, robbery, livery cab, new york news
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series