New York News
Obama's former New York City apartment up for rent
NEW YORK -- The New York City apartment where the future President Barack Obama lived in the 1980s is available for rent. But there's no guarantee it'll inspire presidential aspirations in the next occupant.
The website listing states: "Live Like the President!!!." But a Citi Habitats broker listing the apartment this week told the Wall Street Journal that the flat was "a typical New York City walk-up."
The two-bedroom railroad apartment on Manhattan's Upper West Side is listed for $2,400 a month.
When Obama shared the 109th Street apartment with a roommate while attending Columbia University the monthly rent was $360.
Broker Zak Kneider said he had received nine emails inquiring about the apartment by Wednesday evening.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, barack obama, new york news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos
- What is it like from the pilot's seat at...
52 min ago