New York News
Obama's former New York City apartment up for rent
NEW YORK -- The New York City apartment where the future President Barack Obama lived in the 1980s is available for rent. But there's no guarantee it'll inspire presidential aspirations in the next occupant.
The website listing states: "Live Like the President!!!." But a Citi Habitats broker listing the apartment this week told the Wall Street Journal that the flat was "a typical New York City walk-up."
The two-bedroom railroad apartment on Manhattan's Upper West Side is listed for $2,400 a month.
When Obama shared the 109th Street apartment with a roommate while attending Columbia University the monthly rent was $360.
Broker Zak Kneider said he had received nine emails inquiring about the apartment by Wednesday evening.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, barack obama, new york news
- London attack could be terror-related, officials say 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 53 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Anthony Weiner announces run for New York City mayor 20 min ago
- Residents receive letters to confirm citizenship 6 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting 28 min ago
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault 15 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
53 min ago