New York News
Suspect arrested in stabbing of Manhattan shelter manager
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man who lived in an HIV shelter on the Upper West Side is accused of stabbing the shelter manager to death.
34-year old Bernardo Paulino is charged with second-degree murder.
He was handcuffed and taken to the hospital after Friday's stabbing.
Police say 56-year old John Baisley, who managed the Camden Residence hotel on 95th Street, was stabbed several times.
Paulino reportedly became enraged when Baisley tried to evict him for destroying property.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, arrest, stabbing, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 56 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 30 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
43 min ago