New York News
Child, 4, dies after getting caught in crossfire
BRONX (WABC) -- Police are looking for the gunmen involved in a shooting on a basketball court that killed a little boy in the Bronx.
"You destroyed me and changed my whole life in an instant, and I don't know how I'm supposed to go on," Shianne Norman said.
Norman's four year-old son, Lloyd Morgan, was shot in the head and killed Sunday night after four men opened fire on one another on a basketball court.
The shooting happened before more than one hundred spectators. A man ran up and started shooting at one of the players. Someone else fired back. By the time it was over, detectives tell eyewitness news at least four people fired at least seventeen shots.
Norman had been watching the game and lost little Lloyd in the chaos that followed.
"There were so many gunshots. We ran to the hospital. It's tragic that it had to end like that, that I couldn't bring him back home," Norman said.
Two other victims, including a 27-year-old man was shot in the stomach, while another man was shot in the arm.
Police canvassed the neighborhood for tips on Monday, handed out flyers and questioned neighbors.
Others searched for spent rounds using metal detectors, hoping to identify the weapons by their ballistic signatures.
The weapons had not been recovered as of late Monday afternoon.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morrisania, bronx, shooting, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City 25 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Metro North New Haven Line partially restored 1 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco 36 min ago
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One 32 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos