New York News
Season's first case of West Nile confirmed
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The New York State Health Department has confirmed the season's first case of West Nile Virus.
A Staten Island man over the age of 50 was hospitalized with the virus.
New York's Health Department says more than 270 pools of water with mosquitos in them have tested positive for West Nile across the state so far this year.
The department advises people to dispose of used tires, ceramic pots and other containers where water can collect.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid 14 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
14 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos