New York News
Money raised for family of slain 4-year old
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Bronx legislator has raised thousands of dollars for the family of a 4-year-old boy killed by a stray bullet during a gunfight in a park.
State Assemblyman Eric Stevenson says $6,000 will go to Lloyd Morgan's family. In addition, expenses for his funeral later this week are being covered by anonymous benefactors.
The child was fatally shot last Sunday during a basketball game outside a housing project in the Morrisania neighborhood.
Lloyd was in a nearby playground when a bullet struck him in the head.
A 21-year-old man was wounded in the shootout.
Three youths face various charges in connection with the boy's death, from murder to criminal possession of a weapon.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, shooting, child killed, child death, new york news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos