New York News
Money raised for family of slain 4-year old
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Bronx legislator has raised thousands of dollars for the family of a 4-year-old boy killed by a stray bullet during a gunfight in a park.
State Assemblyman Eric Stevenson says $6,000 will go to Lloyd Morgan's family. In addition, expenses for his funeral later this week are being covered by anonymous benefactors.
The child was fatally shot last Sunday during a basketball game outside a housing project in the Morrisania neighborhood.
Lloyd was in a nearby playground when a bullet struck him in the head.
A 21-year-old man was wounded in the shootout.
Three youths face various charges in connection with the boy's death, from murder to criminal possession of a weapon.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, shooting, child killed, child death, new york news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 5 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings 59 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million 25 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'