New York News
SUV crashes into Bronx bus stop
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman is in critical condition after an SUV crashed into a bus stop in the Bronx early Sunday morning.
It happened at around 5:45 a.m. at White Plains Road and Westchester Avenue in the Parkchester section.
The blue Ford SUV barrelled into the bus shelter and hit the 27-year old woman, who witnesses say was waiting for a bus.
She became pinned underneath the vehicle and had to be freed.
The woman was taken to Jacoby Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the SUV was also injured, but his condition is not yet known.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, accident, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers