New York News
High Line park expanding to 34th Street
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The plans for the final expansion of the High Line park in Manhattan are in place.
The group "Friends of the High Line" displayed update designs at a community meeting Monday night.
The park, which begins in the Meatpacking District on the West Side, will be extended up to 34th Street.
Last week, the city acquired the rail yards from CSX Transportation.
Construction is expected to begin later this year.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, high line, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged 43 min ago
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China 12 min ago
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 22 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing 36 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Third grader hit and killed by truck,...
43 min ago