New York News
High Line park expanding to 34th Street
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The plans for the final expansion of the High Line park in Manhattan are in place.
The group "Friends of the High Line" displayed update designs at a community meeting Monday night.
The park, which begins in the Meatpacking District on the West Side, will be extended up to 34th Street.
Last week, the city acquired the rail yards from CSX Transportation.
Construction is expected to begin later this year.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, high line, new york news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 48 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 35 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 4 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
51 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
4 min ago