New York News
Man arrested in shootings at Harlem's Rucker Park
HARLEM (WABC) -- A White Plains man was charged with shooting all five people hit by gunfire during last week's basketball game at Harlem's Rucker Park.
Police say 24-year-old Ricardo Laing was charged with five counts of attempted murder.
Laing was arrested Saturday in Yonkers and was picked out of lineups by witnesses the next day. None of the five victims in the Wednesday night shooting suffered life-threatening injuries.
Laing has a lengthy arrest record and has served time in the Westchester County Jail.
The Entertainment Basketball Classic hoped to resume their basketball tournament Monday night, but police remained at the court.
Organizers said safety is important to them, but they would like to get on with the games. Three NBA players are expected to attend the tournament Tuesday.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, shooting, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 3 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 7 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 16 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 24 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
3 min ago