New York News
Man arrested in shootings at Harlem's Rucker Park
HARLEM (WABC) -- A White Plains man was charged with shooting all five people hit by gunfire during last week's basketball game at Harlem's Rucker Park.
Police say 24-year-old Ricardo Laing was charged with five counts of attempted murder.
Laing was arrested Saturday in Yonkers and was picked out of lineups by witnesses the next day. None of the five victims in the Wednesday night shooting suffered life-threatening injuries.
Laing has a lengthy arrest record and has served time in the Westchester County Jail.
The Entertainment Basketball Classic hoped to resume their basketball tournament Monday night, but police remained at the court.
Organizers said safety is important to them, but they would like to get on with the games. Three NBA players are expected to attend the tournament Tuesday.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, shooting, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos