New York News
Man arrested in shootings at Harlem's Rucker Park
HARLEM (WABC) -- A White Plains man was charged with shooting all five people hit by gunfire during last week's basketball game at Harlem's Rucker Park.
Police say 24-year-old Ricardo Laing was charged with five counts of attempted murder.
Laing was arrested Saturday in Yonkers and was picked out of lineups by witnesses the next day. None of the five victims in the Wednesday night shooting suffered life-threatening injuries.
Laing has a lengthy arrest record and has served time in the Westchester County Jail.
The Entertainment Basketball Classic hoped to resume their basketball tournament Monday night, but police remained at the court.
Organizers said safety is important to them, but they would like to get on with the games. Three NBA players are expected to attend the tournament Tuesday.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, shooting, new york news
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says
- Vince Flynn, best-selling author, dies
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: East Village bodega crash
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos