New York News
Truck involved in accident outside Grand Central
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A truck struck a façade outside Grand Central Terminal causing debris to rain down onto 42nd Street.
The accident occurred around 4:15 p.m. when the truck turned on to the elevated section of Park Avenue near Grand Central that is supposed to be just for cars.
The driver slammed into the railing, and sent the debris flying.
The truck driver said he got turned around and went the wrong way.
No injuries were reported.
42nd Street at Park Avenue was closed in both directions for hours after the accident.
LINK: VIEW PICTURES FROM SCENE
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, grand central station, midtown, accident, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos