New York News
Funeral Wednesday for child killed in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- The Reverend Al Sharpton delivered the eulogy Wednesday for a young boy who died in playground crossfire in the Bronx.
A stray bullet hit 4-year-old Llyod Morgan, Jr., outside the McKinley Houses in the Morrisania section Sunday evening.
Anonymous donors covered the funeral costs.
Two teenagers are facing murder charges in his death.
The Bronx District Attorney's Office announced the indictment Monday against 17-year-old Rondell Pinkerton. If convicted of murder, he faces up to 25 years to life imprisonment.
Grand jury action is pending on a second defendant, 19, charged with murder. A third defendant, who was wounded in the shooting, has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morrisania, bronx, shooting, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 22 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident