New York News
Funeral Wednesday for child killed in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- The Reverend Al Sharpton delivered the eulogy Wednesday for a young boy who died in playground crossfire in the Bronx.
A stray bullet hit 4-year-old Llyod Morgan, Jr., outside the McKinley Houses in the Morrisania section Sunday evening.
Anonymous donors covered the funeral costs.
Two teenagers are facing murder charges in his death.
The Bronx District Attorney's Office announced the indictment Monday against 17-year-old Rondell Pinkerton. If convicted of murder, he faces up to 25 years to life imprisonment.
Grand jury action is pending on a second defendant, 19, charged with murder. A third defendant, who was wounded in the shooting, has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morrisania, bronx, shooting, new york news
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos