New York News
Funeral Wednesday for child killed in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- The Reverend Al Sharpton delivered the eulogy Wednesday for a young boy who died in playground crossfire in the Bronx.
A stray bullet hit 4-year-old Llyod Morgan, Jr., outside the McKinley Houses in the Morrisania section Sunday evening.
Anonymous donors covered the funeral costs.
Two teenagers are facing murder charges in his death.
The Bronx District Attorney's Office announced the indictment Monday against 17-year-old Rondell Pinkerton. If convicted of murder, he faces up to 25 years to life imprisonment.
Grand jury action is pending on a second defendant, 19, charged with murder. A third defendant, who was wounded in the shooting, has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morrisania, bronx, shooting, new york news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 11 min ago
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 6 min ago