New York News
Funeral Wednesday for child killed in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- The Reverend Al Sharpton delivered the eulogy Wednesday for a young boy who died in playground crossfire in the Bronx.
A stray bullet hit 4-year-old Llyod Morgan, Jr., outside the McKinley Houses in the Morrisania section Sunday evening.
Anonymous donors covered the funeral costs.
Two teenagers are facing murder charges in his death.
The Bronx District Attorney's Office announced the indictment Monday against 17-year-old Rondell Pinkerton. If convicted of murder, he faces up to 25 years to life imprisonment.
Grand jury action is pending on a second defendant, 19, charged with murder. A third defendant, who was wounded in the shooting, has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, morrisania, bronx, shooting, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 17 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 15 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
17 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos