New York News
City bus crashes into utility pole in Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A city bus crashed into a utility pole on Staten Island Wednesday morning, bringing down power lines.
The X1 bus crashed on Nelson Avenue, between Belden Street and Locust Place, just before 6:30 a.m.
The force of the crash brought down utility poles, closing the street to traffic.
One injury was reported on the bus.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, bus accident, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon