New York News
City bus crashes into utility pole in Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A city bus crashed into a utility pole on Staten Island Wednesday morning, bringing down power lines.
The X1 bus crashed on Nelson Avenue, between Belden Street and Locust Place, just before 6:30 a.m.
The force of the crash brought down utility poles, closing the street to traffic.
One injury was reported on the bus.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, bus accident, new york news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 10 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 13 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos