New York News
City bus crashes into utility pole in Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A city bus crashed into a utility pole on Staten Island Wednesday morning, bringing down power lines.
The X1 bus crashed on Nelson Avenue, between Belden Street and Locust Place, just before 6:30 a.m.
The force of the crash brought down utility poles, closing the street to traffic.
One injury was reported on the bus.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, bus accident, new york news
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says
- Vince Flynn, best-selling author, dies
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: East Village bodega crash
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos