New York News
Special beam set to be raised at 1 World Trade
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A special beam is scheduled to be raised at One World Trade Center Thursday.
The beam, which was signed by President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and governors Chris Christie and Andrew Cuomo in June, will be raised by a crane to the 105th floor and put into place.
Officials say this is not a topping out ceremony, just a raising of the beam.
The beams is expected to be raised around 8 a.m.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, one world trade center, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help 3 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates 9 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Oklahoma tornado death toll revised to 24,...
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos