New York News
Special beam set to be raised at 1 World Trade
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A special beam is scheduled to be raised at One World Trade Center Thursday.
The beam, which was signed by President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and governors Chris Christie and Andrew Cuomo in June, will be raised by a crane to the 105th floor and put into place.
Officials say this is not a topping out ceremony, just a raising of the beam.
The beams is expected to be raised around 8 a.m.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, one world trade center, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos