New York News
Special beam set to be raised at 1 World Trade
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A special beam is scheduled to be raised at One World Trade Center Thursday.
The beam, which was signed by President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and governors Chris Christie and Andrew Cuomo in June, will be raised by a crane to the 105th floor and put into place.
Officials say this is not a topping out ceremony, just a raising of the beam.
The beams is expected to be raised around 8 a.m.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, one world trade center, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey