New York News
Special beam set to be raised at 1 World Trade
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A special beam is scheduled to be raised at One World Trade Center Thursday.
The beam, which was signed by President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and governors Chris Christie and Andrew Cuomo in June, will be raised by a crane to the 105th floor and put into place.
Officials say this is not a topping out ceremony, just a raising of the beam.
The beams is expected to be raised around 8 a.m.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, one world trade center, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
25 min ago