New York News
19 charged in crack-dealing sweep in Manhattan
MANHATTAN -- Authorities say they've made a sweeping move to dismantle drug dealing that turned living in some Manhattan housing complexes into running a gantlet of crack cocaine peddlers.
Nineteen people were being arraigned Thursday on conspiracy and other charges.
Police and prosecutors say the 19 ran two loose-knit drug-dealing groups, called "20 BLOCC" and "Flow Boyz."
Authorities say the groups sold crack in playgrounds and elsewhere in and around the Wagner Houses and Taino Towers in East Harlem.
Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. says families had to dart past drug dealers to get around.
Police Organized Crime Control Bureau Chief Anthony Izzo says the dealers thought they were immune from law enforcement, but the arrests proved them wrong.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, crime, drug arrest, drug bust, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos