New York News
19 charged in crack-dealing sweep in Manhattan
MANHATTAN -- Authorities say they've made a sweeping move to dismantle drug dealing that turned living in some Manhattan housing complexes into running a gantlet of crack cocaine peddlers.
Nineteen people were being arraigned Thursday on conspiracy and other charges.
Police and prosecutors say the 19 ran two loose-knit drug-dealing groups, called "20 BLOCC" and "Flow Boyz."
Authorities say the groups sold crack in playgrounds and elsewhere in and around the Wagner Houses and Taino Towers in East Harlem.
Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. says families had to dart past drug dealers to get around.
Police Organized Crime Control Bureau Chief Anthony Izzo says the dealers thought they were immune from law enforcement, but the arrests proved them wrong.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, crime, drug arrest, drug bust, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos