New York News
Summer Streets program contiues this weekend
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Much of the Big Apple will be wide open for play again this weekend.
The Summer Streets program is back, from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m.
That means seven miles of Manhattan streets will be turned over to pedestrians, from the Brooklyn Bridge up to Central Park.
There will be free dance and yoga classes, free use of bikes and roller blades and a 160-foot long zip line at Foley Square.
If that's too challenging, there's the 25 foot climbing wall in SoHo.
For more on the events, visit NYC.gov/SummerStreets
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Three males in custody in connection to Yonkers man stabbed to... 1 min ago
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene 43 min ago
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut