New York News
Surveillance of iPhone robbery in Chinatown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Chinatown released surveillance video and photos of a suspect wanted for robbing a man of his iPhone on the subway.
It happened on June 22nd at around 5:55 p.m. on a southbound R train at the Canal Street Station.
Police say the suspect approached the victim, pushed him, punched him, and then stole his iPhone.
After a brief struggle at the station, the suspect got away.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic or black man, age 30-35 years old, 5'7" tall, with a muscular build, slight goatee, and an earring. He was wearing blue jeans but no shirt.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, robbery, subway, subway crime, new york news
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Tarrytown remembers Hofstra shooting victim
- abcnews: Sole survivor of plane crash breaks silence
- Photos: Scandal Season 2 Finale
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos